If you’ve been following me for a while now you’ll know my family have been on a gluten free journey of sorts the last few months and it has been by choice. We’ve found that we feel satiated at the end of our meals and not left with that disgusting bloating feeling that gluten loaded foods were leaving us with. These gluten free black bean quinoa tacos are delicious, healthy, and you’ll want to make it again and again…as we have so many times already! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Black Bean and Quinoa Tacos Recipe
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Monterey Jack, cheddar or cottage cheese
additional olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- corn tortillas
- chopped lettuce
- Monterey Jack, cheddar or cottage cheese
- diced avocados
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
- additional olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add onion and saute until golden and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, cooked quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover saucepan with lid and simmer about 20 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in corn and black beans and simmer, uncovered 5 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in lime juice and cilantro.
- Clean the nonstick pan and place 1/2 tsp of olive oil and toast each side of each tortilla for about a minute. Sprinkle with Himalayan salt, pile on the fixings and there you have it! Enjoy your tacos!