I love putting together charcuterie boards whether big or small. It’s a thing I grew up enjoying at the family table and still do whenever there are family gatherings. I’m a “picky” eater as in I like to pick and eat small bites at a time but enjoy different flavors and textures so for me it’s the perfect treat. I wanted something bold for our New Year’s Eve charcuterie board and I’ve always wanted to try the peppered salame from Boar’s Head. Before trying it I will say brace yourself because it is an extreme of pepper punch to you palate at first. The combination of sweet and salty along with the pepper makes it a good combination and balances out all of the flavors. I hope this winter charcuterie brings you warmth and happiness and may good things be laid in your path for 2016!
1. Thinly slice the cheese and salame and a mandoline for perfectly even slices.
2. Serve with all of the ingredients on a wood board with a serving knife and enjoy!
- 1 - 8 oz. log of Boar's Head Peppered Salame
- 1 - 8 oz. block Boar's Head Canadian Cheddar
- 1 - 11 oz. Biltmore Estate Fig Preserves
- 4 oz salted pepitas
- 4.5 oz. package of 34 degrees Natural Crisps
- Thinly slice the cheese and salame and a mandoline for perfectly even slices.
- Serve with all of the ingredients on a wood board with a serving knife and enjoy!