I’m struggling quite a bit lately with a lot of different things. The start of the school year has brought me a new position, which is great so far. I am beyond blessed with the students I am working with. So where’s the struggle at? Well, firstly, I am really struggling to be nice to coworkers that otherwise are nosing into my business and saying things that should essentially leave me with my mouth gaping open. I am struggling with seeing my dad’s health in total decline after he had a stroke two weeks ago. Struggling with new norms with a new schedule with my boys and the fact that they go to school now, which I must say makes me very proud. There’s a lot to balance in my life now, more than ever. But I am doing my best to stay connected with God’s word and allowing that to fuel me daily regardless of the struggles.
One of my struggles is falling back into a routine with cooking and staying on making healthy meals and within a decent time so we can all get to sleep at a decent hour. Publix has nice snazzy ways to make meals that are prepared and all you have to do is cook them. This recipe was one that I cam across by the seafood section. We’ve also ben trying to eat more seafood at home and less red meat and poultry. All I had to do was to pick up some littleneck clams and voila! I the rest of the ingredients at home and was able to whip this up in a flash and still enjoy some time with my sons. That’s what matters most to me, is to be able to spend time with those I love and be present in their lives.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
3 lb littleneck clams, rinsed
1 (14.5-oz) can chicken broth
1 cup white wine
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium. Place butter in pan, then
add garlic and clams; cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant.
2. Add chicken broth and white wine; cook 6-8 minutes or until reduced by one-half and clam shells are open. Discard clams that remain closed after cooking.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 lb littleneck clams, rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium. Place butter in pan, then
- add garlic and clams; cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and white wine; cook 6-8 minutes or until reduced by one-half and clam shells are open. Discard clams that remain closed after cooking.